Wednesday 17 October 2012

Meet your CAOT-BC Advisory Committee: Andrea McNeill



I currently work at WorkSafeBC in the Health Care Services department.  My title is Quality Assurance Supervisor, which means that I assist in the creation, implementation and monitoring of contracts for catastrophically injured workers. In this role I have regular contact with occupational therapists and WorkSafeBC employees across the province as I work to ensure that our most injured workers have access to the treatment and interventions they require via the numerous contracts we have created.  I also act as a resource to the networks I supervise in both a clinical and non-clinical capacity.

My portfolio consists of the Community Occupational Therapy contract, Community Brain Injury Services, Home Modifications, Vehicle Modifications, Residential Care Services, Short Term Care Facilities, Adult Daycare, Wound Care Pilot and the Bill 14 Mental Health Pilots.

 Background:
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy – both from UBC. I have worked in various hospital settings, private practice,  as well as at Capilano College and UBC. 

I sort of fell into Occupational Therapy; my brother’s girlfriend went to Thailand and met an Occupational Therapist while there on a bus.  They had a rich and detailed conversation which she shared with me upon her arrival home.  Can’t quite recall the total discussion now but know it made a huge impact on us – we both went into OT school! 

It has been a great career choice – I am never bored and I am never done my work.  I get to meet dynamic and interesting OTs throughout the province who inspire me with their knowledge, compassion, expertise and absolute passion for their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment